Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving

Let's all pretend that I actually posted this on Thanksgiving, as intended.


I am THANKFUL for a family who loves me:  family who loves me enough to bless me with random calls, texts, emails, cards, pictures, and remembrances.  This family has known grief well, so responds in ways that I'm sure must have helped them in the past too.  

I am THANKFUL for friends who love me like family: friends who check on me, include me in their daily lives, and keep asking me to join them even when I say "no thank you, I can't just yet."

I am THANKFUL for those who understand that I don't know how to reach out for help and comfort yet, so THEY reach out.  It's very hard for me to initiate contact.  I don't know why.  It just is and I am thankful, very thankful for those who understand that and keep me going.

I am THANKFUL for a God who loves me and comforts me through His Word and through His presence as I walk this path.   He gave me a beautiful sunrise this morning, just to remind me that "weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning" (Psalm 30:5)  He knows me.  He knows that I am a "morning person" and that I would need to see this today.


This morning's sunrise as I walked & talked with Jesus.


I am THANKFUL for nearly 42 years with my wonderful husband and best friend.  I am THANKFUL that he no longer struggles to breathe, or labors just to get up in the morning. I miss Lee sorely, but I know that I will see him again and that he is whole now.  

"Enter His gates with Thanksgiving; go into His courts with praise.  Give thanks to Him and praise His name."  Psalm 100:4

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this, Peg. I am thankful for the witness of you and Lee-- your love and faith have been such a joy and inspiration to watch. Enjoy your sweet family in WA. Miss you in AZ-- Amy :)

    ReplyDelete